Thursday, January 04, 2007

resolution

back in late November, maybe early december, I posted lyrics to the Nick Lachey super-sappy but to me, poignant, Resolution. and now, just a few days after ringing in the new year, I've actually thought about and decided upon some things I want to do this year. I won't call them resolutions. I'll call them goals.

in case you're curious, here's what I plan to do this year:

Volunteer: i have several ideas on this topic... Habitat for Humanity, Open Hand, AIDS LifeCycle (SF->LA2007) are on the top of the list.

Physical Fitness: 2006 saw me off to a good start. I lost 40 lbs during the last 4 months of 2006. I hope to lose another 25-30 in the first 4 of 2007 - just in time for my birthday. I also want to get to the gym more often than not. But on the topic of fitness, I'm also looking to learn a bit more about hiking and also cycling. I'm actually meant to be going on my first hike (albeit a city hike, not a wilderness hike) on a date this Sunday. Hopefully the city views will be as breathtaking as the boy is cute that is taking me on the hike! =0)

Sports: I wanna try my hand at a team sport. I'm going to try softball, possibly rugby. I've got a while to decide, so we shall see.

Maintenance: I will strive to continue to be nicotine (just celebrated 3 months y'all) and illegal drug/substance-free (5 yrs in Feb y'all!) in 2007 and all the remaining years of my life.

It's a pretty ambitious list. But I think I'll do well.

Here's wishing everyone strength, courage and conviction to stick to your guns and accomplish your dreams and goals in 2007 and beyond.

GBoogie

PS - I may be taking a hiatus. If I do, I might have a guest writer step in for me. I've still got some thinking to do on this subject, but I thought I'd tee it up.

Labels: , , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Phetamine said...

Nobody could replace your voice, Gina.

Good luck with the goals. Volunteering is immensely satisfying, even if it's yet another obligation. ;)

Happy Sevensies.
Auntie P

January 04, 2007 10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations on losing 40. Feels good, doesn't it? Hope you hve a nice time on your hike date.

We'll miss you if you take a hiatus, but you gotta do what you gotta do...

Fabulous furniture there yet?

xoxo d

January 04, 2007 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home