Thursday, October 19, 2006

I don't understand why more people don't donate items to charity?

Because they sure as hell make it so SIMPLE to do.

So I worked from home today. The heating guy came. The Salvation Army came.

The S.A. came to pick up a dresser and two matching Crate & Barrel bookcases that I didn't end up selling. But they couldn't come above the second floor, due to their insurance policy. I live on the third floor, of course. So I had to hire separate moving guys to come and move the items down to the first floor, just so the Salvo would be able to come pick up. So, to GIVE AWAY three items which are expensive and also in terrific condition, I had to end up paying around $250 in moving fees and tips. Giving is cheap and easy.

So then I rented a zipcar and used it to load up the 10 boxes I've already packed and drop them off at the nearest FedEx Ground pickup location. Because FedEx won't pick up at your house, unless you have an account established by an Account Executive. Because they are super-fancy.

Then I bought more packing materials. The express purpose so that I could pack up my glassware and dishes, to get them over to the local church/hospital thrift store. So I packed up about 1.5 sets of plain white dishware, and a full set of glassware, some baking dishes, a casserole, an iron, blowdryer, etc. TONS of shit. Then I called to make sure they accepted dishware, and would accept mis-matched sets. The lady cheerfully said yes, and I was once again sweating while loading up the car. I should also mention it was 3:50 and I had to return the zip car by 4:30 or face stiff penalties. And no, not those kind of stiff penalties. I had that kind earlier today. During which FedEx rang my buzzer to pick up the boxes that they told me they couldn't pick up. I blew them off, as I had stiff penalties to get back to. If you know me and care to hear those gory details, give me a call - I'm happy to recount. =0)

I load up the car in record time and pull up outside the thrift store. I take a couple of small items in and ask them if the back door is open, as I have quite a few items. This is where I meet her - SuperCunt. Tall - like maybe 6'. And she was in flats. She smelled of vitamins and pee and appeared to be about 75. Painfully skinny.

SuperCunt: How much do you have?
GinaBruce: A few boxes and some other items, mostly a hodge-podge.
SuperCunt: What's in the boxes?
GinaBruce: dishware and glassware
SuperCunt: No!, we can't accept that.
GinaBruce: Why?
SuperCunt: Are the boxes heavy?
GinaBruce: Well, sort of. Dishes are heavy...
SuperCunt: No! You can't leave them here. Take them to Salvation Army.


**NOTE: This is where I noticed that SuperCunt had numerous nose hairs sticking out. Some might consider them junior whiskers.**

GinaBruce: I specifically called and asked if you could accept them and the lady up front said "yes".
SuperCunt: Well, if I can't move the box, then I can't unpack it.
GinaBruce: Well, if you're going to unpack it, can't I put it where you need it and then as you unpack it, it will become less heavy in case you need to move it later.
SuperCunt: No! We won't take it.
GinaBruce: I don't understand why you say you'll accept something and then you refuse. You make donating so fun and easy!

Gina walks - well - rather storms out.

Other Smelly Old Customer Overheard: He was SO RUDE!!!


I just fail to understand why it has become so difficult to donate items to help the less-fortunate. And when did it become acceptable for smelly old Christian bitches WITH NOSEHAIRS to be so hateful? I love that the Christian Right hates homos, and I can't donate Crate & Barrel dishware to a ghetto thrift store. I'm trying to make the less-fortunate more fabulous.


3 Comments:

Blogger uproryous said...

All I have to say my son is this "Supercunt" was not from my flock!!!! I do agree that these thrift places are becoming picky bitches. And who doesn't need a set of all white dishes.

Maybe those stuck up Religious Right, needed some stiff penalties of their own. Or maybe they need to do like Matt v2.0 and put their granny panties in the freezer. Better yet, I say they should go muff diving in the back room and put a sticky smile on that face.

But these are only things I would tell my flock.

Peace, Love and many stiff penalties.

October 19, 2006 4:44 PM  
Blogger Aunt Phetamine said...

Testify!

As always,
Aunt Phetamine

P.S. Word verification was ovzmqea, which just may have been the vitamin that SC was taking...

October 19, 2006 5:29 PM  
Blogger RAD said...

Sorry your sweet attempt to help the less fortunate become more fabulous had to come with the encouter of the long nose haired super cunt...I have noticed more of the super cc's ( Super Cunt Christians) lately myself and Im a bit concermed ...We just need to plug forward my fellow soldier of fabuloso!

October 20, 2006 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home