Sunday, September 02, 2007

Lollipops

Ok - I couldn't stand it - so I went to Sports Basement today and spent another almost $500 on additional supplies, but got lots of goodies: padded bike shorts, two cycle jerseys, a bento box (for storage), chamois butter, a light for cycling at night, and these beauties:



They're my shoes, and then in the second picture the top piece is the actual pedal and the bottom piece is the cleat that is attached to my shoe and where I "clip in" to the pedal. I'm going to keep track of how many times I fall over trying but unsuccessfully clipping in and out. It's inevitable that it will happen. But they will increase my efficiency and speed... WOO HOO.

I'm definitely going for a ride tomorrow. The weather has been CRAZY fantastic this weekend.

UPDATE: So I didn't get out for a ride today, b/c today was all about organizing and cleaning my apartment. It was WAY overdue. But I did get the pedals put on my bike and got out in for about 30 mins in a parking lot near my house to practice clipping in and out of the cleats. I ate pavement twice. I can only imagine how ridiculous it must look to passers-by who don't know anything about cycling. About a month ago, I would have thought it funny. "look at that dumbass, he's just slowing falling over...!" Twice. That's not that bad. But I have lots more practice to go...

Labels: , , , , , ,



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic. Be careful out there.

September 04, 2007 4:00 PM  
Blogger TP said...

Very nice. I just took my old ridiculously heavy and clunky bike in for some new tires and brakes (hey, it's cheaper than a new bike) ... maybe a ride is in order!

September 06, 2007 11:35 AM  
Blogger RAD said...

Nice!!! Yes please do be careful with your new bike and gear! Looking good!!!

September 06, 2007 4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eff em if you eat pavement..at least you're out there making your dreams become a reality. I've done that plenty of times just walking down the street...ok, so I was drunk, but who's counting? Good luck with all of it, you know I got your back.

September 08, 2007 12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home