Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It's gonna be a bit...

Hey bitches!! Just wanted to let you know that it may be a week or so before I post anything substantial (other than some fun humorous items). Having just started a new job and trying to manage three different time zones now across the world between my brother, my east coast peeps and the italian, life is pretty interesting.

Thank God softball has officially ended. It ended up being one of the highlights of my year but I am also quite glad to get my weekends "back".

But, before I sign off... I should tell you that at a softball tourney this weekend, I had my personal season highlight. In softball, the length of time a game is allowed to go is limited. If time is called but it is the top of a new inning, the inning must be completed so that both teams have the same number of opportunities for at-bats.

So picture this... time had been called in the top of an inning when we were playing defense. So we would get our final at-bat as a team in the bottom of that inning. When we went to bat, we were down 11-9. We scored 2 runs to tie at 11-11. When yours truly takes the batter's box, we already have two outs... and for the tourney, it was a 1-1 rule: every batter starts out with a count of 1 ball and 1 strike.

I took a ball.
I took a strike.

So now my count is 2-2, the score is tied and my team has two outs. FUCK!

The pitch comes and I knock the HELL outta that ball for a good solid line drive single. But that was all we needed - it was enough for my teammate Horacio who was on Third base to make it home... giving us the run we needed to WIN the damn game.

yeah.... I rule! ;0)

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
-Gandhi

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,



3 Comments:

Blogger SYNRGY said...

Sporty bitch... That's awesome...

August 29, 2007 5:57 AM  
Blogger TP said...

Oh man, I'm waaaayyy behind on my readin'! And sporty bitch is right!

September 06, 2007 11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're mistaken...we were down by more than two to start the inning...not sure of the deficit, but you sure did kick some ass and I'm very proud of you! As a matter of fact, you have come a long way this season and I'm glad that you were the one to knock in the winning run! Truly, I'm proud of you for how far you've come and for the dedication you've shown. Keep up the good work and I'll see you on the field next season.

September 08, 2007 1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home