Saturday, September 01, 2007

Getting in gear.

So today I got up on some of this:

I tooled downtown to the water and rode the Embarcadero out to the Aquatic Park next to Fort Mason, which for those of you who don't live here is just about two miles east from the GG bridge. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. It was an awesome ride, traffic wasn't too bad and my knees don't hurt (...so far...) I purposefully only rode as far as I thought I could go and get back comfortably and I also intentionally kept it flat. Today was about going a greater distance. Imagine my delight when I tracked/measured my route and saw that I had ridden 10 miles! To date my longest ride had only been 2 miles... so 10 is a great improvement given that I'm not supposed be hitting 10-15 miles per week over the span of 2-3 rides by mid-October. I'm STOKED!

And now I'm jonesing for these:

Well maybe not this specific type (there are many...who knew?) but I am definitely going shopping tomorrow for clipless pedals and shoes and cleats. WOO HOO!

But first I'm hitting the Labor Day weekend sale at Bloomies and then seeing the Nanny Diaries.

All of this brought to you by the much-welcomed final end to the softball season and a give-back of my weekends.

Peace out and Happy Labor Day, bitches.
LOVES IT.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
-Gandhi

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home