Monday, April 16, 2007

it ain't easy...

I've been turned on to a great song... so now I'm sharing it with you:

Sideways - by Citizen Cope:
You know it ain't easy
For these thoughts here to leave me
There's no words to describe it
In French or in English
Well, diamonds they fade
And flowers they bloom
And I'm telling you

These feelings won't go away
They've been knockin' me sideways
They've been knockin' me out lately
Whenever you come around me

These feelings won't go away
They've been knockin' me sideways
I keep thinking in a moment that
Time will take them away
But these feelings won't go away

I was discussing the meaning of the song and my perception with "someone" the other night. He was telling me he feels like it is a somber, not-so-happy song. I think the music, the tone, the quality of this dude's voice - sure, not super happy/fun like an up-tempo Kylie Minogue frothy hit. But I also think it is not necessarily melancholy.

Listen to it. MANY times. God knows I have. I LOVE this shit. But I feel like its merely someone describing how he can't get away from a strong feeling about someone. He can't shake it. His feelings are throwing him for a loop.

But is that necessarily a bad thing?

I don't think so. I'm trying to feel my feelings instead of manage them in my brain. Its fucking scary. Terrifying actually. But the exhiliration and just plain old fun I'm experiencing lately is pretty awesome.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Phetamine said...

Gina's in lo-ove! ;)

As always,
Aunt Phetamine

April 16, 2007 5:58 PM  
Blogger Gina Bruce said...

Nah. Not in love. WAY too early to think about that.

But I do have someone I like. Quite a bit. My life has never been this much fun. And....

dah-dat-dat-dat-daaaaaaa,
I'm nubbin' it.

XO
GBoogs

April 17, 2007 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home