Thursday, January 18, 2007

eight 8-oz glasses a day

I don't normally post on legitimate news. But WTF? Why not break the mold. I haven't posted in a bit and I feel I'm on a bit of a streak. I feel I owe you fuckers something.


So have you heard about the woman who entered a radio contest and died from drinking too much water? Well, if not, you can read about it here (<-- link) or maybe even here (<-- link).


But honestly people, come ON. I'm truly sorry she died. No one deserves that. But is it anyone else's fault but her own? Did she have a gun to her head and a cork in her bladder? No. She voluntarily competed. This is sort of like the man that sued McDonald's for making him fat.


I am sort of introspective lately. Own your shit people. It's yours. It might be all you've got. But it's yours.

Be you... loudly, strongly and decidedly.

And if you dont' like you, then change it. That's the only thing you have the power to change... YOURSELF. More specifically, in my own jack-shit opinion that doesn't mean anything to anyone but me... the only thing I believe you have power over is to change how you choose to allow things in your life to effect you.

OWN IT... WORK IT

Labels: , , ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Phetamine said...

Gboogie,

This reminds me of an art project I did in 11th grade. We had to do a collage, and I took random parts of people's faces and constructed one single person tipping his hat. Above it, in ransom-note letters, I wrote "Be yourself; nobody can tell you that you're doing it wrong." The teacher challenged me! She said, "What if you're a murderer?" I replied, "If you're a murderer, than do it well." She didn't like that one bit.

Be you...loudly, strongly and decidly. Indeed.

Starting to own my shit,
Aunt Phetamine

January 21, 2007 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home