Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Recruiter Reschmooter

Those of you who have been ardent GBoogie fans for a while know that I hold a special place in my black heart for recruiters and HR folks. HATES IT.

I have yet another example of how reading comprehension is poor and people just do not pay attention to anything that doesn't directly benefit them. Here's an email chain, in chronological order. Names have been changed to protect the intelligence-challenged:

Email 1:

From: Susie HR Girl
To: GBoogie
Date: Fri Oct 20, 2006 04:46:13 PM PDT
Subject: Awesome Company Admin Test Availability

Hi GBoogie,

I'd like to get the ball rolling with your interviews and schedule you to come in and take the Admin Test. We will need approximately one hour of your time. Please let me know your earliest availability. Hopefully we can get you onsite in the beginning of the week!I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards,
Susie HR Girl --


Email 2: (my response with availability)

From: GBoogie
To: Susie HR Girl
Date: Mon Oct 23, 2006 06:21:01 AM PDT
Subject: Re: Awesome Company Admin Test Availability

Hi Susie,

I could come to your New York offices for testing on Wednesday at 5pm. Unfortunately, with this my final week in New York, my availability is extremely tight and that is the only time I may offer. Please let me know if that works with your schedule and then advise details.

Best,
Gina


Email 3: (let the games begin!)

From: Susie HR Girl
To: GBoogie
Date: Mon Oct 23, 2006 03:42:39 PM PDT
Subject: Awesome Company Admin Test Confirmation

Hi Carla,

We are very excited that you are coming to take the Admin Test. I have scheduled your test for Wednesday, October 25 at 4:45 PM EST. It's important to us that you are able to spend quality time on your test, so please plan to be here for approximately one hour. The first part of the Admin Test is compriesed of multiple choice logic game questions adapted from the LSAT. The second half is two essay style questions. Ideally,1/2 an hour for each part-- 50% logic/50% essay. Most folks, even if they have never taken the LSAT, have come across these types of questions, or games, at some point before.

I've attached an employment application and NDA. Please have the application and NDA filled out prior to arriving, and present to Sadie Rose when you meet her. So that we can schedule your visit in our corporate calendar, it is very important that you confirm receipt of this email. When you arrive, ask for Sadie Rose in the 13th Floor Lobby of 666 Xth Avenue.

We're all looking forward to your visit to Awesome Company? please let us know if you have any questions for us!

Best of Luck,
Susie HR Girl

OK - are you paying attention? Do you know why I bolded the date/time?

Email 4: (I really did use restraint here - I'm proud of myself!)

From: GBoogie
To: Susie HR Girl
Date: Tue Oct 24, 2006 07:23:18 AM PDT
Subject: Awesome Company Admin Test Confirmation

Hi Susie -

This email is addressed to me yet the greeting says "Carla" and the time is earlier than the time I advised at which I can arrive. I can be at your offices at 5:00 p.m. tomorrow, Wednesday, October 25th. Please advise if the 5:00 p.m. time slot is available and if my instructions for meeting Sadie Rose are still applicable.

Thank you,
GBoogie

I know you're a smart bunch... You get it... I have said twice now that I could do 5pm. 5pm.

Email 5: (it gets better!!!)

From: Susie HR Girl
To: GBoogie
Date: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:39:59 AM PDT
Subject: Awesome Company Admin Test Confirmation

Hi GBoogie,

Sorry about the confusion. The greeting should have been your name, not "Carla".

So is there no possible chance that you could arrive at the earlier time slot? 4:30 PM EST would actually be the ideal time slot for our New York office.

Please let me know. I would really like for this to work out for everyone.

Best Regards,
Susie HR Girl


Email 6: (again, I used restraint - I really did...)

From: GBoogie
To: Susie HR Girl
Date: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:05:57 AM PDT
Subject: Awesome Company Admin Test Confirmation

Hi Susie -

No worries on the name mix-up. Unfortunately, 5:00 p.m. is the absolute earliest that I can arrive, and Wednesday is the only day this week that works in my schedule. If 5:00 pm. tomorrow does not work, then we will have to investigate some other time, on the West Coast, during which to have me in for the testing.

Please let me know, and thank you,
GBoogie

So now that's three times, correct? 5pm 5pm 5pm!!


Email 7: (yes, this is my life)


From: Susie HR Girl
To: GBoogie
Date: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:08:36 AM PDT
Subject: Awesome Company Admin Test Confirmation

Hi GBoogie,

No worries! I will let you know ASAP whether NY can make 5:00 work or whether we'll arrange your test here in Mountain View.

Best,
Susie HR Girl



WTF? I need a nap after this. Stay tuned!


2 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Phetamine said...

Wow, I can't believe that you don't:

A. Work in medical education.
B. Work for the University of Minnesota.
C. Work harder to control your anger in professional memos.

JUDY!! I heart you, GBoogie.

As always,
Auntie P

October 24, 2006 5:36 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Okay, ouch. This particular person you are working with seems to have issues. Was it really necessary to throw all HR people/recruiters under the bus? (tear)

Andy

October 24, 2006 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home