Friday, February 02, 2007

aural tastebuds

I like to think that I possess some what of a varied and sophisticated taste in music:

- I like classical… from the super conventional classical (Dvorak, Barber) to contemporary American Classical (Berstein RULES!) to 20th century atonal stuff (think Berg, Schoenberg).
- I like Rap - I clearly prefer female artists, but I gots some essential Jay-Z and LL on my 'Pod.
- I like some Broadway/Showtunes. Not much, but some.
- I like R&B (Mary J.'s a tight bitch, Xtina - bitch has MAD vocal skills.).
- I like what I'd call 'newish' rock-n-roll (Fall Out Boy, The Killers, etc.).
- And I'm open to new stuff. A burgeoning friendship has begun to introduce me to Yo La Tengo. So far so good on the YLT tip. WHEEEEE!

But I do have some low brow tastes… just like my humor.

So I worked up a February playlist that is insanely diverse. And an "oldie" (not really, but the song is not new) came on a moment ago and I was at my desk bopping up and down in my chair feeling like a 16 yr old Italian girl, jumping up on her bed in her WHITE ON WHITE bedroom in Long Island, I was so excited and into the song.:

Love At First Sight - Kylie Minogue from her album, Fever.

Someone walked by when we were at the chorus (yes, honey - we - me and Kylie were GETTING' AFTER IT)

"baby when I heard you
for the first time I knew
we were meant to be as one……………"


Thank god I was just silently mouthing the words. But holy fuctards, Batman, does that song make me want to be in a convertible with a fresh ice-cold DDP*, maybe tooling down the sunny-as-hell PCH to nowhere in particular? That would be a little slice of Heaven…sheer Heaven.

----------------------
* Diet Dr. Pepper.. mmm. hellz yeah.

Labels: , , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I was out there I'd say "let's get in the GP and go! Love it.

Would you rather go south or north on the PCH. I like the drive to Stinson Beach or Muir Woods, myself.

Love it, too your couch.

Have a great weekend.

xoxo d

February 02, 2007 7:21 PM  
Blogger Jonathan29 said...

Oh yes...I love me some Kylie as well. You should hear the Narcotic Thrust remix of Red Blooded Woman. I can tear up the Precor at the gym while listening to that.

February 04, 2007 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home