Monday, June 18, 2007

Save Myself

One of my teammates on ALC6 and one of my new friends, Terry, made a Ride compilation of songs and sent it to each of us who wanted one. The songs are ones we heard on the bus or that Terry overheard people singing in camp or just ones that evoke some of the beauty of human spirit that the ride builds and shines.

I still get so overwhelmed when I think about my experience and as I write this post, I'm bawling my eyes out. I truly wish everyone could experience the joy and compassion I did. If you could your life would be forever changed. But the awesome thing is that you can. Get up, get out and go volunteer. Find the light that is within all of us and then shine it on all you meet.
But I digress (as usual)... So the whole reason I wanted to post is to share the lyrics of my favorite song from Terry's CD - "Save Myself" by LeAnn Rimes. This is how I feel about my life. I hope it is a sentiment and philosophy you can relate to.

I want the truth when the world is lying
I want to live or at least die trying
I want to share my soul cause it heals me every time
I want to scream when there's fear inside
I want to run when I gotta free ride
I want to shed my skin if I feel the urge to fly
I will fall on my face too bruised and broken

To save myself I don't want to save myself
I just want to live out loud feel the rush that's all around
I light the flames to feel the burn trouble everywhere I turn
there's freedom in the lessons learned and beauty when the loves returned

I want to breathe like it's my first breath
I want to bleed when I'm put to the test
I want to dig down deep and find out who I am
and I will love like a love lost too scared and open to

Save myself I don't want to save myself
I just want to live out loud feel the rush that's all around
I lite the flames to feel the burn trouble everywhere I turn
there's freedom in the lessons learned and beauty when the loves returned


"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
-Gandhi

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE IT.

I am so happy that ALC was such a moving experience for you. Can't wait to hear the rest of the music.

xoxo d

June 19, 2007 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home