Sunday, June 03, 2007

LET'S RIDE, CLYDE

Well... after talking about it, begging for donations and a few good cries over the overwhelming generosity of folks like my friends, family and my blog family, AIDS/Lifecycle 6 kicks off tomorrow. Me and Bunky finished packing around 11pm tonight.

Day 1 looks roughly like:

4:15 am - wake up
4:45 am - cab arrives
5:00 am - arrive for gear bag in-take
6:00 am - opening ceremonies
6:30 am - ride-out
7:30 am - board bus
9:00 am - arrive Camp 1 - Santa Cruz
4:00-9:00 pm - serve dinner for day 1 to all riders, roadies and staff

Yeah - a long day. But I can't wait. After dinner in the Castro this evening, we had to stop in Walgreens for some last minute items. We kept running into riders and roadies (we all have matching flourescent orange and yellow ride ID bracelets on that we must keep on for the duration of the event) and its like we're all a big pseudo-family already. The camaraderie is phenomenal.

Any way - now its almost midnight and my available sleep window is getting smaller by the moment and I still need to shower before hitting the hay.

Here's a pic of our route over the week in case you're interested.


I'm sure it won't be a surprise that I won't be posting until I'm back in SF almost in the middle of June. But be good to yourself, be good to others and think of me and the nearly 2,499 other riders, roadies and staff members of SF Aids Foundation and LA Gay & Lesbian Center as we make our journey south in the hopes of one day ending the senseless pandemic that is Hiv/AIDS.

One Love,
Gboogie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Moby said...

Go speedracer go!

June 04, 2007 9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic. Can't wait to hear all about it.

I know you're having a moving experience.

Awesome.

xoxo d

June 05, 2007 3:54 PM  
Blogger Dwight Supremacy said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes! Be safe and have fun!

June 08, 2007 6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home