Thursday, February 15, 2007

sign-o-the-times


So I love conversation hearts. They are, to me, Valentine's answer to Candy Corn. YUM.

Our goofy department at work bought individual boxes of Necco brand "Sweethearts" and gave them to everyone. I was a bit taken aback at the discovery of one of the messages on the hearts:
I feel like this is a commentary on our current social situation. Don't "Call Me", don't "Kiss Me", just "Email". It's quick, it's easy, it's surfacey. Sure, if you live cross-country, fine. But I am beginning to feel like everyone (ME INCLUDED) is a bit too off-line phobic. Meaning, so many people appear to prefer the impersonality of hiding behind a computer screen over in-person interaction.

Get to know me across the interweb? SURE.

Have coffee with me? NO WAY.... Too personal!

WTF?

So instead, get out there in person, people. Shove your tongue down someone's throat. Grab a crotch.

BE ALIVE

KISS ME

Labels: , , , , ,



4 Comments:

Blogger TP said...

Amen! I second the GET OUT THERE plan!

Are there gay adult candy hearts? I would hafta get me some of those ...

BTW - fixed my link. Thanks for the heads-up.

February 15, 2007 2:48 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Consider this your big 'ol kiss through the interweb sweetie!!!

February 15, 2007 7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of that annoying Christmas song that thankfully I didn't hear this year...

"I'm gonna e-mail Santa"

UGH.

February 15, 2007 7:52 PM  
Blogger Aunt Phetamine said...

As the NY Times posted a few years back in its feature on New Year's resolutions:

Less Internet; More Cabernet.

As always,
Aunt Phetamine

February 16, 2007 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home