Tuesday, November 14, 2006

now I'm that person

So I had a rather unfullfilling online shopping experience with gap.com today. So during the focockta BizRate feedback experience, I went a little p-sycho and ranted. After re-reading my comment, I think they must think I'm a 1200-lb person or potentially homebound, clearly someone for whom regular bricks-n-mortar shopping is not a routinely viable option.

Dear gap.com Customer,We appreciate your comments to BizRate and wanted to reply to you. Thank you for your feedback regarding the enhancements we have made to our website. We were sorry to hear of the difficulty you experienced attempting to enter your address. Customer feedback is very important to us. In an effort to improve the shopping experience for everyone, please be assured your comments will be forwarded to our Technical Team.We appreciate the time you have taken to share your concerns with us andhope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.If we may be of further assistance, please contact us via e-mail at custserv@gap.com or by calling 1-800-GAP-STYLE. Our Customer Service Consultants are available 24 hours a day for your convenience.Sincerely,Sarah Customer Service Consultant

Original Message Follows:--------------------------------------------------
the auto address validation program that runs when entering shipping/billing information is CRAP. You ask for me to enter the billing address EXACTLY as it appears on the statement, but when I do, you tell me the address is WRONG. I end up having to make up Suite numbers (which are NOT necessary for successful delivery to the deliveryaddress) just for the stupid website to take the address. I have this problem EVERY time I shop online with any of the gap business. I am so frustrated (can you tell) now, that I am likely to never shop again, andI do not shop in stores very often as it's not convenient for me.


5 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Perhaps you were being a bit dramatic...

November 14, 2006 9:53 PM  
Blogger Gina Bruce said...

ME? NEVER...

November 14, 2006 9:55 PM  
Blogger Aunt Phetamine said...

Well, let me tell you that J. Crew isn't any better. The rub is that the sales people in person are way too much to deal with, so I take my chances with the online store.

Well, actually I abuse the sales people and make them use "the red phone" so that I don't have to pay shipping charges. Then, I have it delivered to the store because UPS sucks my balls for convenient delivery hours and I would hate to inconvenience my coworkers by having it delivered to work. Then I pick it up at the store on my way home from work and smile pleasantly to the sales people. I hope they work on commission.

I wonder how much a personal shopper would cost...

As always,
Aunt Phetamine

November 14, 2006 11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! i was reading overheard in ny and i saw this post http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/archives/007859.html
was that you?

November 15, 2006 4:10 AM  
Blogger uproryous said...

Honey you said it earlier, mind the gap, so don't shop there if it is a pain in the ass. And I love their form letter response back to you, girl please.


Today I had a blip in the Matrix.... I have been here reading this very blog and commenting before.

Rev Brown

November 15, 2006 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home