Tuesday, March 13, 2007

240 feet, give or take

that's the reported distance from home plate, through 1st, 2nd and 3rd bases all the way to home plate again. that's not very far right? you'd think, meh. that's not that far. even if I'm going to run it, I don't really need to stretch beforehand. i do cardio 4x/week.

here is reason you shouldn't run without first stretching, unless perhaps you are an experienced runner.




yes, that's my leg. my left thigh to be exact. my first softball injury. i was putting the petal to the medal from 3rd to home and no, I did not fall. I was not beaten with a bat. i merely heard a POP and felt a SNAP, and then could barely walk. and two days later, I get these lovely parting gifts.

WOOT WOOT!

Labels: , , , , , ,



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OUCH. Doesn't look familiar, apparently you put more into it than I did.

Take it easy and get better.

xoxo

March 13, 2007 10:50 PM  
Blogger SYNRGY said...

Not quite the swollen, purple appendage I was looking for, from you , you get an A for effort tho... Take care of that leg G-Boogie

March 14, 2007 5:35 AM  
Blogger SYNRGY said...

Did I say that out loud...

March 14, 2007 5:58 AM  
Blogger Gina Bruce said...

yes you did. and i LOVES it. ;)

March 14, 2007 9:58 AM  
Blogger Aunt Phetamine said...

I'm a fan of the scars. Not so much of the bruises. I can't even imagine how that feels...

Get better.
Aunt Phetamine

March 14, 2007 1:30 PM  
Blogger Dwight Supremacy said...

Oy vey! Ouch!

March 15, 2007 6:07 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Son-of-a-OUCH!

March 20, 2007 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home