Friday, May 12, 2006

The New Adventures of the Old Bitter Queen Hunting for a High-Level Exec Asst Job

it gets even better -- so read this thread chronologically (go to the bottom and read UP):

Kevin,

Although I understand their desire for confidentiality, I don't feel comfortable going on an interview where the client cannot or will not disclose the true nature of the position to the firm they have retained to help them fill the role. It is illogical to me, to be honest. It won't do either of us any good for me to go in without a clear understanding of the two EA situation and as soon as I learn more, I am no longer interested (potentially).

Let's not submit me for this role and please let me know if anything else comes your way in line with my objectives.

Thank you,
Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Klueless kevin@terribleagency.com
To: shawnmdulaney@aol.com
Sent: Fri, 12 May 2006 15:11:50 -0400
Subject: RE: description discussed

Hi Shawn,

I don’t have too much detail about the position because of its confidentiality – however, I think both positions report to the EVP – the duties for this spot that you are applying for are more corporate, whereas the other is more personal work. That is based on some feedback from previous interviews – not from them.

I would suggest that if this is acceptable we see if we can get you in for an interview – all of your questions should be answered then.

Let me know how you would like to proceed.


Kevin Klueless
Terrible Agency
212-555-4321
kevin@terribleagency.com


From: shawnmdulaney@aol.com [mailto:shawnmdulaney@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 2:07 PM
To: kevin@terribleagency.com
Subject: Fwd: description discussed

Hi Kevin,

Just checking in to see if you had been able to learn more about the two EA situation for the open role at Anonymous Company.

Thanks
Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: ShawnMDulaney
To: kevin@terribleagency.com
Sent: Thu, 11 May 2006 12:46:38 -0400
Subject: Re: description discussed

Kevin -

It was nice speaking to you again as well. Thank you for reaching back out to me.

Before you submit my resume, I do have one additional question that we did not cover on the phone:

The description indicates that the EVP has a second, additional EA supporting them. Do you know if one of the EA's reports to the other, or do they both report to some sort of Administrative Supervisor or directly to the EVP? What is the delineation of workload between the two? Is one personal and one business? Any insight into that structure would be very helpful. It will ultimately decide if I wish for you to go ahead and submit my resume to determine their interest in meeting with me.

Thank you,
Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Klueless kevin@terribleagency.com
To: shawnmdulaney@aol.com
Sent: Thu, 11 May 2006 12:26:11 -0400
Subject: description discussed

Hi Shawn,

It was good speaking with you – can you please reply to this email with a copy of your resume as a MS Word attachment?


Thanks!

Kevin Klueless
Terrible Agency
212-555-4321
kevin@terribleagency.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home